steroids have been illegal in this country for years
It doesn't matter what they basically are. Steriods weren't banned cuz they enhanced performance..they were banned cuz they were the cause of health problems. And, furthermore, when these snythetics were made, even if they did mimic steriods or were in fact steriods, the only folks who would know the truth are the developers. Games change, and rules change..but you don't go back and take away NFL games from teams cuz they tackled using the clothesline, facemask, etc the majority of the times in their games. This whole thing is asinine. Unless it was an illegal substance at the time these guys were using it, there is no crime and there is no foul. People like to call Bonds a liar because he said in 2003 that he didn't use steriods. But people forget that the "cream" and the "clear" are not anabolic steriods...and in 2003 they weren't even illegal. Don't blame these players...blame MLB for its over sight of this issue..or blame no one at all.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
steroids have been illegal in this country for years
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
So do you think Aaron's HRs were legit considering that he played in lil teeny ballparks...or should Ruth or Mays be the all time HR king (especially Mays considering the Park he played in was huge with the wind constantly blowing in)? Players play in different eras...and every era has it's characteristics..and can not be compared. All we can hold is a total..and in total HRs BONDS IS THE KING.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
ANABOLIC Steriods have...synthetic performance enhancers haven't.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Uh, aren't a lot of todays parks smaller, especially the cookie cutter parks of the 80s and 90s, than those of the 60s and 70s when Aaron played?
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> BONDS IS THE KING. </div></div>
Make that *BONDS...lol
Yep..and that's exactly what I'm saying...you can't compare players from different eras cuz of differences in the rules, equiptment, ballpark size etc. But, the one Bonds playes most of his games in isn't a hitter's park tho. If he played in a lil rinky dink park he'd have 800 by now. Don't forget stripes...Aaron played at the "Launching Pad"..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Don't start a war boney..lol..j/k
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Here's a good one..lol...and HE was an owner during the "steriod era"...lol...goes to show ya some politicians will try to spin anything
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22259826/
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
They did help compensate Bonds for coming to SF by moving the right field fence in also.
One of the biggest advantages todays home run hitter has is the balls IMO. I believe they were all hand spun until around 91 or so. Now the balls are a lot tighter, adn of course that is going to help a ball come off more solid.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks